As we move towards the end of the year, our team is busier than ever making a difference in our communities!
Labor Street Park Cleanup
Members of our team spent a morning with City of San Antonio Parks and Recreation beautifying Labor Street Park. Right in the neighborhood of our San Antonio office, this urban park includes a playground, basketball court, fitness station, and a baseball diamond. Half of our team worked up a sweat mulching garden beds and tree rings while the rest repainted existing sidewalk murals to make them more vibrant. Together with the team from Parks and Rec, we were able to accomplish all the projects in about three hours. It was great to have multiple members of our Commissioning team – who are usually out of the office on site – join us for this service day!
Staff Service Projects
CZers continued to take advantage of their 15 personal service hours to undertake projects for causes and organizations near and dear to their hearts.
- Kristin Rios, Thomas Watson, and Joyce Watson volunteering as Potluck Partners for the Children’s Bereavement Center, serving dinner for families who attend group sessions at the center. They were also joined by Bobby Rios, Kristin’s husband and CFO of Bartlett Cocke General Contractors, who chairs the Board of the Bereavement Center.
- Jon Agana sorted donated medical supplies, including gauze catheters, and gowns into bins in the warehouse with Project C.U.R.E., the world’s largest distributor of donated medical equipment and supplies to resource-limited communities around the globe.
- Paula Burrow volunteered for the 13th year running at the Universal City Pumpkin Patch which benefits various organizations, including the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network, the Universal City Animal Shelter, and the Universal City Parks and Recreation.
- Brookell Nobles fostered an Australian shepherd named Lucky for six months through Lone Star Aussie Rescue! He was successfully adopted in September!
- Dan Rodriguez and Tony Maldonado volunteered at another mass distribution for the San Antonio Food Bank.
- Melanie Castillo helped at a back to school giveaway in Somerset, TX hosted by Hope for the Hurting.